Thursday November 12 (RSVP date is November 10)
Members will be treated to a dinner packed with the flavours of Italy! The meal will come with a glass of Italian wine (red or white) suggested Mymi, the co-ops own wine sommelier and Italian film suggestions from co-op movie genius Shlomo. There is space for up to 40 units to participate. For more information or to sign up, please contact Ryan at 416 920 7340 x204 or email@example.com
Thursday November 26 (RSVP date is November 24)
Wednesday December 23 (RSVP date is December 21)
The goal of the Meal Support deliveries is to give members a meal that might help to alleviate any food security concerns or to provide comfort that only a home- cooked meal can offer.
For more information or to sign up to receive a meal, please contact Ryan at 416 920 73240 x 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – 12:30pm 3:00pm
Tuesday – Closed
Wednesday – 2:00pm to 4:30pm
Thursday – Closed
Friday – 9:30am to 12:00pm
- Only 1 member will be allowed in the office at a time. Masks or face coverings which cover the nose, mouth, and chin must be worn by staff and members at all times.
- Before entering the office, members will be asked to complete a brief COVID‐19 self assessment questionnaire. If symptoms are present, access will not be permitted.
- When arriving at the office, members should knock on the door and then wait to enter the space when a staff person lets them in. Once in the office, the door will be locked behind them. The member will move to the meeting table at the back of the office to discuss the nature of their visit.
- The office will remain closed for 15 minutes between member visits, so that the meeting area can be properly sanitized , and staff can make notes for follow‐up, based on the meeting. Staff will then reopen the door and call the next member in line.
- There will be seating in the co‐op lobby alcove for members waiting to access the office. In instances of high member turnout, staff will enter the lobby to “triage” members’ needs or requests. Staff will determine whether a member needs to physically enter the office, or whether the issue can be resolved by a staff member in a pre‐scheduled appointment.
Making appointments to meet with staff in advance will be a crucial part of maintaining safe distance. Generally, members can make appointments to meet with staff between 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Safe meeting space is available in the office or in nearby rooms. For members requiring evening appointments, Manager Ann Dion is available up to 7:00 pm Monday through Thursday. To book appointments, please contact Ryan Hayward at 416 920-7340 x 204 or via email at email@example.com
Since launching in 2018, DFC’s award-winning Nourish program has effectively allocated over 200 gift cards to members facing food scarcity. That’s over $5,600.00 in assistance! The level of gratitude that members who utilize this program share with us is profound and is a constant reminder of how important program is to our community.
To continue offering this help, we are calling on all those members (who are able) to donate to this program! We are happy to accept PC grocery gift cards in the amount of $25.00 or cash donations that we can use to purchase cards. No amount is too little! For more information on how to donate, please contact Ryan or Ali in the co-op office.
Thank You for your help & consideration.